At Salisbury Road, we recognise the importance of providing high quality Physical Education, together with sport and physical activity opportunities for all our children. We believe that PE, sport and physical activity support the learning and development of well-rounded individuals, impacting on progress and attainment as well as desirable personal qualities. Positive participation in physical education will enable children to build, self-esteem, team work and positive attitudes in P.E.
The sport premium funding will support us to continue in our drive to achieve our vision in PE and Sport.
The funding will be used to:
- Focus on high quality physical education for all children by ensuring bespoke curriculum support in all aspects of Physical Education for our teachers,
- Deliver a broad variety of enrichment opportunities before school, at lunchtime and after school to engage all children in sport and physical activity.
- Offer our children competitive opportunities both within and beyond school in a wide range of sports.
- Focus on the importance of developing a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Provide targeted physical intervention groups to support learning.
- Develop sport leadership in our children.
- Foster enjoyment, a sense of fulfilment and desire to participate in a variety of physical activities
The documents below outline how we have spent our sports funding and the impact it has had on the children of Salisbury Road Primary.
Find out about how we used our sports funding and the impact it has had on the children at Salisbury Road Primary:
Plymouth Schools Sports Partnership