Welcome to Year 3!
This year, Year 3's teachers are Miss Pearce (Year 3 lead) with Mrs Hendley and Mrs Lewis, Miss Ormston (who is covering for Mrs Lang until her return) and Mrs Buckley, Miss Le Masurier and Mrs Morris
We hope you have had a fantastic Christmas break.
This term in Year 3 we have lots of exciting learning to look forward to.
in English we are looking at Fables and will eventually write our own using all the skills we have learnt.
In Maths we are currently learning more about Fractions including fractions of shapes and quantities. After this we will look more in depth at multiplication and division using this knowledge to solve number problems.
In science we are exploring the skeletons of animals and humans and also looking into their nutrition.
Please see the year 3 mood board for more information on this term's learning
Year 3 Information
- P.E kits are needed on Mondays and Tuesdays for 3GP
- Tuesday and Friday for 3TL and 3KLM
- Homework is handed in on a Monday and given out on a Tuesday. (It is really important that the children complete their homework each week to support their learning)
- Spellings test is on a Friday for all children and new spellings are also given out on a Friday
- Reading books are needed every day and it would be great if you could sign your child's reading record as frequently as possible after reading with them.
We understand how difficult it can be to hear our children read daily. Please try to hear you child read as often as possible and encourage them to read independently too. It really does make a difference!
Please bring water in children's water bottles and they can also bring fresh fruit of vegetables for then to have at break time.
Contact emails for Year 3 Teachers
Mrs Lang (3TL) -tracy firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Ormston (3TL) - email@example.com
Miss Le Masurier (3KLM) -firstname.lastname@example.org