- Daily Phonics sessions - click link (https://www.salisburyroad.co.uk/phonics-3/). Please see your Dojo message to ensure you start on the right videos.
- Daily Reading - please read stories at home with your child. You can find lots of stories online (please see useful websites for online stories below)
- Listen to your child’s class teacher reading a story online - link will be posted on dojo weekly.
- This week's writing activity - Write a list of things you would take to the moon.
- Listen to the story 'Whatever Next'. Listen out for the different things that Baby Bear takes to the moon. Discuss why you think he chose these things.
- Talk about things you would take to the moon if you were an astronaut. Discuss why you would choose these things. Are they important to you? Will they help you to survive?
- Try to use our sentence stem to talk about your ideas.
'I would take ... to the moon because...'
- Follow the Steps to success to write your list. Remember to use your phonics to sound out the word you are writing.
Send a picture of your list to your class teacher to earn a dojo point!
How to write a list
Writing a list - steps to success
Listen to the video of ‘Whatever Next’. Talk about the different things that Baby Bear took to the moon. What would you take to the moon? Use our sentence stem:
‘I would take … to the moon because…’
Look at the different objects available to choose from on the sheet. Choose only 5 objects to take in your backpack when you go to the moon. Think carefully about why the different objects would be important. What do you need to survive?
Record a video of your child using the sentence stem and send it to your class teacher to earn a dojo point.
Please click on the links below to watch a number block episode all about numbers 16-20.
Monday 25th January - Maths session one - Number 16
Tuesday 26th January - Maths session 2 - Number 17
Number 17 formation and challenge
Wednesday 27th January - Maths session 3 - Number 18
Number 18 formation and challenge
Thursday 28th January - Maths session 4 - Number 19
Number 19 formation and challenge
Friday 29th January - Maths session 5 - Number 20
Number 20 formation and challenge
Space theme activities
Being Imaginative – Make your own Alien mask. Engage in some role play. Stuck for ideas? Use the moon challenge cards to help inspire your play.
Arts and Design - When Baby Bear flew to space he saw lots of stars. Have a go at following the recipe to make your own star biscuits. Can you make any other space shapes?