Children’s mental health week - 1st-7th February
This week we are asking all the children to decorate a jigsaw puzzle piece. The idea is to decorate the puzzle piece with drawings of things you enjoy e.g. I am going to draw some cats, chocolate and running trainers on my piece. Once completed we are then asking children to put them up in your front room windows. Can you go on a walk around your area and find as many SRPS jigsaw pieces as you can? Just a lovely reminder we are all part of the Salisbury Road jigsaw and we all fit together to make our school the wonderful place it is!
Print the jigsaw piece below and decorate. There are also printed copies in our school office for collection.
- Daily Phonics sessions - click link (https://www.salisburyroad.co.uk/phonics-3/). Please see your Dojo message to ensure you start on the right videos.
- Daily Reading - please read stories at home with your child. You can find lots of stories online (please see useful websites for online stories below)
- Use oxford owl online.
- Listen to your child’s class teacher reading a story online - link will be posted on dojo weekly.
Reading pack - read 2 books a week.
Watch the red word lesson below and complete the activity - this week focusses on red words the, I, to and no.
- Listen to the story of Astro Girl read by Miss Gossage, follow the youtube link below to the video:
Red word Session 1.mp4
Red word activity
- Red words – Watch the red words session video (above) and complete the activity!
Astro Girl Writing Session
Writing Activity Sheet
Watch Miss Gossage read ‘Astro Girl’. Use the oracy PowerPoint to talk about different jobs you might like to do when you get older.
Use the sentence stem “I want to be…because…”
Maths - practising numbers up to 20
This week's maths activities will focus on consolidating the learning we have done on numbers to 20. Please watch one video and complete one challenge everyday. You should start with the top video then move onto the next each day as each video builds on the previous days learning.
Monday 1st February - Counting objects up to 20
Tuesday 2nd February - Counting irregular arrangements up to 20
Wednesday 3rd February - ordering numbers using a tens frame
Thursday 4th February - one and two more
Friday 5th February - one and two less
Space theme activities
This week think about designing your own planet - what would it look like? Is it hot or cold? Who lives on your planet? What do the creatures that live on your planet look like?
Take a look at a design your own planet sheet, mindfulness colouring sheets and solar system cards below: