The Learning Academies Trust has been closely following all communications issued from the Department for Education and the latest government advice regarding Coronavirus.
Please be assured that we are continuing to work with our premises teams to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness within our schools. We are promoting and actively encouraging the Public Health England guidelines with children, staff and all visitors.
School site procedures
Even though restrictions have relaxed, Covid has not gone away. We have therefore kept some of our procedures in place to try and prevent spread across the school We would like to draw your attention to the following procedures to continue to keep everyone safe:
- We would request that you continue to wear a face covering on site, both in the playground and whilst in the building.
- We will resume assemblies and group work in line with government guidance. However, at this time we will limit these to key stages or year groups.
- Lunchtimes and playtimes will still be taken in year groups.
- We will be maintaining good hygiene measures but continuing to wash hands and use hand sanitiser.
- All classrooms will continue to ensure doors/windows are open for ventilation.
If your child has any symptoms of Covid-19. Please make sure you book a PCR test and get them tested. We are bound to have a lot of cold type symptoms in the first few weeks as the children start to mix again. Please look out for the following symptoms and if in doubt take a test. The symptoms of Covid are:
- A new continuous cough
- Loss of taste and smell
- High temperature
The Department for Education continues to keep schools updated on the government’s response to Coronavirus and have launched a designated helpline to answer any questions you may have. Staff and parents can access this by:
Telephone: 0800046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
If you have any questions or concerns, please do get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Support Help from Julia O'Gorman our Family Liaison Officer
Helplines and Website