Letters for Parents and Colleagues re Covid 19
The Learning Academies Trust has been closely following all communications issued from the Department for Education and the latest government advice regarding Coronavirus.
Please be assured that we are continuing to work with our premises teams to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness within our schools. We are promoting and actively encouraging the Public Health England guidelines with children, staff and all visitors
School site procedures
We would like to draw your attention to the following procedures to continue to keep everyone safe:
- Always ensure social distancing on the site and respect other parents.
- Do NOT approach staff on the doorways. If you have a message, please either notify the teacher through dojo or if it is important phone the school office. Please do not be offended if a member of staff reminds you to move back or informs you that they are unable to talk to you at that time – their priority is to meet and welcome the children in safely
- Children should wait with parents in the playground and should be reminded not to run around
- Once you have dropped your child please make your way swiftly offsite
- Remember to arrive as close to your drop off / pick up time as possible to avoid waiting in the playground – doors are open for a 10-minute period to avoid congestion
- Only one parent should come onto site to drop off, this will help to reduce the number of people on site at any time
- Please remember only family in the front entrance porch at one time and a mask must be worn
With the alert level rising we all have a responsibility to keep the children, staff and parents in our community safe. All these procedures above will help reduce the risk to everyone. Please respect our rules whilst on site.
The Department for Education continues to keep schools updated on the government’s response to Coronavirus and have launched a designated helpline to answer any questions you may have. Staff and parents can access this by:
Telephone: 0800046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
In the event of a future school closure, we will be in contact with specific information about what this will mean for you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do get in touch.
We hope you all stay safe during what are quite extraordinary times.
Family Support Help from Maria Mirza our Family Liaison Officer
Helplines and Website